By providing us with your personal information, you agree to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
We may need to amend this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes, then we will tell you about them by posting an updated policy on our website. Any changes will take effect from the date we update and post the Policy, so please check this Policy when you access our website.
What information do we collect about you?
The personal information we may collect includes your:
- name, address, date of birth, contact details, information about your property, and information regarding your electricity consumption;
- smart meter data;
- website usage information;
- information you post on our Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter pages; and
- information that we need to provide and improve our products and services.
Please ensure that if you are applying for our products or services on behalf of another person or providing us with their information, you have the authorisation of that person to do so.
All phone calls are recorded for information verification, training and quality assurance.
We may collect:
- the IP address of your machine, the operating system and the browser your computer uses and the domain name from which you are accessing the internet;
- information you provide on your application form; and
- the date and time you are visiting and the pages viewed by you.
How do we use your information?
We may use your personal information:
- so that we, and our related companies, can provide you with products, services and information including promotional material and news;
- to comply with our obligations to you and other third parties involved in the supply of electricity to your property;
- to improve or update our services and our website;
- to communicate with you in response to any enquiry from you or for debt collection or credit checking purposes;
- to confirm any information you have provided us;
- to contact you in relation to your enquiries; and
- for usage statistics.
Power Direct and related third parties may send you information connected with the above purposes via email or text message. Power Direct and related third parties may also send you newsletters or other information we think you may be interested in. Newsletters and other information you receive will have instructions for how you can remove yourself from that mailing list. By providing your personal information, you agree to receive electronic messages, such as emails and text messages.
Who do we give your information to?
The personal information we collect will never be sold, traded or leased to any unrelated third party, except:
- where you have authorised us to do so, including to new providers if you wish to switch;
- to any parties related to Power Direct, or any company with which Power Direct has a commercial relationship;
- to third parties such as our agents, marketing companies, credit checking or debt collection agencies, and website usage analysis agencies for the above purposes;
- for the purposes of any sale, transfer or assignment of our business;
- if we are required or permitted by law to disclose such information;
- if you are switching to another electricity supplier;
- if the network company has requested the information or we are obliged to provide it to them;
- where it is necessary to assist an adjudicator to resolve a complaint you make about us.
Your personal information is collected and stored by Power Direct. We will take reasonable steps to protect personal information that is held by us from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. When your personal information is held by Power Direct, it can only be accessed by authorised Power Direct staff when required for the purposes outlined above. Access is subject to strict log in requirements.
Power Direct will hold your information for as long as it is required for the purposes outlined above (this may involve holding your information after you have ceased using us as a power company).
You have the right to request to obtain, or have corrected, any personal information we hold about you where that information may be readily accessed and retrieved.
If you have any privacy related questions please contact us at 0800 GO DIRECT (0800 463 473) or firstname.lastname@example.org